Thursday, June 30, 2011

The joy of Parenthood!

When your a kid you listen to some of the crazy things that your parents say and think those words would never come out of your mouth. Then one day you have kids and you start channel things your parents said and say things you never thought would be said. The other day I was giving my almost three year old a bath, she does not like her hair to be washed however, it needs to be done so I start singing about washing the man our of her hair, you know the song from South Pacific. I started to have flashback to childhood and having my mom sing it when washing my hair. I have said many other things I heard growing up.  Sometimes I stand with my hands on my hips and saying No! Then I have my toddler do the same thing to her younger sister about touching her things.

As a parent I celebrate something you never imagine before kids like poop. "Yeah, you Pooped in the Potty!!"I know many people are like really who cares your kid pooped in the potty. I have seen many friends put their status about their kids potty events. I thought about doing it when we were potty training but I was talking with one of my single friends and she was complaining about it and how most people don't care, about other people children's toilet training. That convinced  me to not post constantly about this exciting event in my house. Granted I am very glad my child is potty trained and every day I say this is going to be an accident free day! The price of diapers is crazy and having two in diapers is expensive. The potty is a very exciting milestone!

Of course I would not change being a parent for anything. I love my children and believe that they are the cutest in the world. But then again  what parent doesn't think they have the cutest kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment